New post @ Pins N Ashes @ WordPress[dot]com
Ha! Hey! Lee! Bay :):):)
New post @ Pins N Ashes @ WordPress[dot]com
Ha! Hey! Lee! Bay :):):)
If you have done your schooling in Cochin, then you would know both Jolly and GP.
Jolly saaaaaar and GP sir 🙂
Our acclaimed teachers of Chemistry and Physics.
And no ordinary classes mind you, we enjoyed waking up in the mornings or staying up late after a tiring day to attend their classes, doing their home tests, listening to their lectures, absorbing their thoughts and learning about their lives. It was an experience and we all loved to be a part of it.
Two very petite people with a streak of intelligence that made the dry concepts in the book come alive, easy to relate, imbibe, understand and apply.
I’m sure students would be still flocking to join their classes, rain or sun, night or day, they lectured not only on Physics and Chemistry but talked of life, some beautiful anecdotes instantly making us feel at home, comfortable and confident in Class X or XII.
So, the previous post is how we tackled Chemistry at school. Jolly Saaaaaaaaar made us love Organic Chemistry in Class XII.
And the periodic table from Class VII, we knew it by heart, all the elements, their places in their rows, their columns, their families, their blocks, their atomic numbers, who among them were the halogens or the noble gases. We drew it in the rough pages of our answer sheets with ease and found solutions to the problems without much sweat and sat pretty waiting for the results…
We were taught the song and we sang through our Chemistry exams singing the periodic table song…
Lee (Li) bay! (Be)
Ba (B)! Sa (C)! N (N) o (O) phe (F) ni! (Ne)
Na (Na) mag (Mg)! Al (Al) si (Si) Pa (P) s (S) cl (Cl) arg (Ar)
Ka! (K) Ca! (Ca) See (Sc) ti (Ti) ! Vi (V) kra (Cr) man (Mn)!
Fe (Fe) co (Co) ni (Ni) cu (Cu) zen (Zn) 🙂
The first thirty elements of the periodic table 🙂 😛 😀 😀 😀
Piyu guessed right and let me look up how to make a badge 🙂 🙂
So I’ve been procrastinating…
You know why? Because I was reading all the comments of the last post, that Awesome one and I was unhappy that I was unable to reply indiviudally. So I thought and thought and finally put the post up on WP and am proud to say that procrastination is 95% cured 🙂 a few more replies to go and I’m done 🙂
Conclusion: I like the commenting system at the WP. Hope Blogger gets such a similar widget (is that the right word now!).
Nope! I’m not abandoning blogger. No! I love this new template and the header and the blue and the look. Until I fall out of love with this, Pins N Ashes @ blogspot remains.
cya soon here and there
Ha! (Say Ha…. :P)
Hey! (Say Hey :P)
Lee bay! (I can hear u;) Lee is at Bay 😀
Ba! Sa! No pheni! (Let’s plan Goa soon :P)
Namag! Alsi (Aalasi!! U mean I’m lazy :P) Pasclarg
Ka! Ca! Seeti! Vikraman! (Cop Ram of RAAVAN :P)
Feco nicu zen 🙂 (Meditation is good for health :P)
PS: Clues available on request 😀 But I’m sure, you’re going to crack this one 🙂 On your marks and get set…
Clues clues and clues:
Clue#1: Kiddo has given the first clue, and I say it is a big giveaway 😀 Look up his comment on this post 😛 You will get the answer to the puzzle if you fill in those blanks 🙂
Clue #2: It’s part of our learning process, we all have rote learned this sometime in our school life, I think, ok make it most of us 🙂 But our Sir made it easy for us this way…
Clue #3: Sing along, say them out loud, look closely, may be something might click somewhere 🙂
Clue#4: Think VIBGYOR ….. 🙂 😛
Clue#5: Think Chemistry and connect 😛
Try again 🙂 🙂
Ok! Put up your hands, eh… comment, that is, how many of us think in English or find it easy to think in English rather than our so called native tongues… I’ll tell you my case, there are times when I think in all the languages I have been trained in and at times, I forget a particular word in one language but remember the same or the synonym in the other. That’s when these English-English-Native Languages dictionary comes in handy 😉 Are we born translators!!
“One day I (not Pinooo 😉 hopped into a taxi (Pinoooo Aside: Our evergreen Padmini 🙂 and took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car (yup a jet black scorpio) jumped out of a parking space right in front of us (DI what do u say, road rage again!! how do we deal with our Scorpio guy??). My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! (Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaam, Ayyyyyyyyyyooooooo). The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us (WT****!!! what did we do!!).
My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy (Driver u blind, deaf or what, insane Homo Sapien!!). And I mean, he was really friendly. (OMG will I ever reach the airport!! This guy has lost it!!). So I asked, ‘Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!’ This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, ‘The Law of the Garbage Truck.’
(Lecture begins ….. ) He explained that many people are like garbage trucks (oh! is it). They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, full of jealousy, full of distrust, and full of disappointment. (ya ya ya… Pinoo nodding, is everybody nodding??? ). As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they’ll dump it on you. (U mean We are dust bins!!!!! Yikessssssss.. Pinoo reminded of Vimuuuuuuuu’s Tasteless Tuesday 1.25 😛 :P:P 😛). Don’t take it personally. (Wow! U mean become traffic saints!!)
Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. (Say Cheeeeeeeeeeeese, tatatata…. God Bless ….) Don’t take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets. (Nopes! spreading garbage!!! )
The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. (So be successful 🙂 of course, simple, spread cheer 🙂 🙂 )
So let’s ignore all the garbage trucks …
and spread cheer 🙂 🙂 🙂
Pic Court: Istock Photo
Well, what about them………….So many of them in this world……………And so many we know.
Pic Court: Shock Photos
Venky tagged me and I found this one interesting 🙂
1. Graduated high school. Yes Sir!
2. Kissed someone. Yup 🙂
3. Smoked a cigarette. nope never tried
4. Got so drunk you passed out. neither
5. Rode every ride at an amusement park. every time 🙂 I love amusement parks 🙂 🙂
6. Collected something stupid. ya, still do, and somebody tells me I’m piling garbage in the house!!
7. Gone to a rock concert. yup yup…
8. Helped someone. always
9. Gone fishing. Yes, but the patience !! ahah!! I hate that 🙂
10. Watched four movies in one night. like every other night 🙂
11. Lied to someone. yes, I confess!!
12. Snorted cocaine. never touched
13. Smoked weed. nope either
14. Failed a subject. well no! thank God 🙂
15. Been in a car accident. u mean the time I went to hit that poor buffalo at night that day :):) )
16. Been in a tornado. (If cyclone counts,) yes phian, November last year
17. Watched someone die. No!! and I don’t want to either! Scares me!
18. Been to a funeral. (courtesy demands!!) ya many!
19. Burned yourself. (yup many times, amateur cook that I am, my skin is so in love with hot pots n pans!!
20. Run a marathon. (100 metres race at school, yes 🙂 I would love too:)
21. Cried yourself to sleep. ahaa!
22. Spent over 10,000 bucks in one day. I love to shop heee hee 🙂
23. Flown on an aeroplane. would love to fly one too, one day and experience a hawk’s eye view
24. Cheated on someone. nope
25. Been cheated on. Well frankly I don’t know… !! u mean a lover no!!
26. Written a 10 page letter. haven’t written even a love letter! Poor AB!!
27. Gone skiing. I wish:)
28. Been sailing. (boating) yes that one that runs on oars or motor, out in the sea, yes 🙂
29. Cut yourself. of course, clumsy me
30. Had a best friend. ??
31. Lost someone you loved. yes 😦
32. Got into trouble for something you didn’t do. many times !!
33. Stolen (nopes)
borrowed (yes) a book from the library. (I’m a good girl, u see)
34. Gone to a different country. Different meaning another ? then yes
35. Watched the Harry Potter movies. first day first show and twice for preview 🙂 🙂
36. Had an online diary. offline yes, u mean my blog yes/no again
37. Fired a gun. water gun, yes 😉
38. Gambled in a casino. nope… but if u mean playing Rummy in April after exams are over with Dad, bro and mom… yes:) that was a ritual 🙂
39. Been in a school play. Yes yes
40. Been fired from a job. no 🙂
41. Taken a lie detector test. no 🙂
42. Swam with dolphins. would love to 🙂
43. Voted for someone on a reality TV show no!!!
44. Written poetry. ya!! all rhyme and some meter 🙂
45. Read more than 20 books a year. yes more than that every year :):)
46. Gone to Europe….no…
47. Loved someone you shouldn’t have. Now, what does that mean any way ?!
48. Used a colouring book over age 12. 🙂 hee hee
49. Had a surgery. it’s painful bad!!
50. Had stitches. yes!!
51. Taken a Taxi. ya! everybody does!!!!!!!!
52. Had more than 5 IM conversations going on at once. yes!! multitasking skills at play 😉
53. Been in a fist fight. yup yup what are brothers for 🙂
54. Suffered any form of abuse. nope!
55. Had a pet. Still have we’ve kept dogs, cats, a tortoise, fishes and now we have parrots 🙂
56. Petted a wild animal. A monkey in the zoo count!! yes
57. Had your own credit card & bought something with it. yes yes
58. Dyed your hair. yes…:)
59. Got a tattoo. big babbool yes… otherwise nothing to do with paining my body !!
60. Had something pierced ya my ears 🙂
61. Got straight A’s. all the time, I never failed an exam, 🙂
62. Known someone personally with HIV or AIDS. Not personally, but visited yes 🙂
63. Taken pictures with a webcam. yes
64. Lost something expensive. yes
65. Gone to sleep with music on. TV, lights, music… yes thank god! the door was not left open 😉
Tagging CB, Piyu, DI, Titaxy, Varsh, Divzz, Comfy, Swar, Rumzz, PB, Priya, Nu (would have loved to do it), Smiths, Deeps , Sus…. it’s fun 🙂
Sounds gr8 to me 🙂