Exaggeration always work, like jokes do. It brings home the point. Hindi Medium is a satire on school education, the status around a fluent knowledge of the English language in parts of India, and the pathetic state of government schools. Through it’s narrative and the antics of a family who does everything to secure an admission for their 4yo into the best school in their city… It trudges along to the point where there is always that speech … Initially the laughs are laughable, but then it becomes stale..
I’m a diehard Irrfan Khan fan, I go watch all his films if possible.
Samurai Jack ends. I felt it ended too soon. The two episodes before the finale could have been put to more use that dishing out mush! But the series comes a full circle, Jack travels back to his own time, and hopefully will live happily for more than a few years…
The excitement lies in the instability!
One of the best snacky edibles in life .. Biscuit porridge.
It is almost a half yellowish moon tonight, rising among the clouds in the sky. She greeted me as I walked in through the gates! Mersmerized, I stood still gazing at her, until the watchman called to ask, if there was any problem. When he came closer I pointed to the moon rising amidst the trees. He walked me to my building, both of us looking at the moon…. I’m sure he’s going to take his chair and place it there, from where he can see the moon tonight. What a sight …
It rained last night.
the tip tap tap tap tap murmurs
flashes of light
claps of thunder
chill that blows in
heat is gone now feeling
Rain memories that come back
When the same discussions happens over again, and I have pretty much the same things I said a few months ago…
(Reblog, for the older post and the comments and discussion please check this link)
- When I believe that WordPress will not fail me as I put together a post, but save the draft while my wifi is disconnected temporarily – Is that belief not trust?
- When I hire a cab/rickshaw to take me to the destination, is that faith in strangers and their vehicles, not trust?
- When the pani puri vendor who stands at the corner of the road gives me a plate of delicious street food,.is this habit of buying from the same vendor, not trust?
- When I sigh in relief as the mother board of my laptop does not crash after working non stop for 24 hours for days together, is warranty not trust?
- When the weather remains cloudy and does not rain until I have run my errands and reach home dry during the monsoons, this hope, not trust?
- When you suggest a book/movie to read/watch, are recommendation/review, not trust?
- When I ask someone a quick favourlike a meaning of a word or a word translation is the act of asking that question itself not trust?
- When I follow the directions a stranger on the road gave me, is asking for information, not trust..
- Is taking something/someone for granted also not trust?