Another Lent Season begins, and I’m looking out for routine to follow or mini routines to follow that comes by with a hint of a temptation!
Here are my options:
1. Early to bed, early to rise (this does seem to be like a task)
2. No unnecessary arguments (my lifeline)
3. Stop blogging or blog regularly
4. Don’t change the dp on whatsapp (hmm!)
5. Read at least 500 words a day for leisure (an emphatic yes!, leisure being the keyword)
6. Stop clicking pictures of food (this has been my lent for the last three years, and I have friends who make sure I don’t either)
7. Use the phone to talk (do I even use the phone to talk these days?)
8. Talk less (in general …)
9. Buy a notebook and write in it everyday (exercise for the fingers and rest for the key pads and boards
.. let’s see..
For me, personally, it has always a question of what to take off or take in, as vegetarianism which is usually the norm during the period,does not count.
If vegetarianism was the case indeed, then I will be observing lent all year round as the basic food at this hostel and around in this state is vegetarian. I think, this practice would have begun as a dietary regulation so that Christians will take off meat. Similar is the case with Keralites who take off non vegetarian food during the month of July-August, and eat foods that rejuvinate the body; a practice that originated during agrarian times to give the body a refresher.
View original post 126 more words