So here’s a tag – Please list at least ten things you have ever wanted or done which your gender is not supposed to.
The tag is called ‘My Sins against Gender-Stereotypes’. And you must tag twelve blogging friends or else you will be cursed to wear blue clothes pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years
And the best part, Suranga has come up with a lovely badge too
Because of you Y…. (what all do you make me do)…
- I make excellent Maggi, Knorr soup and more maggi n soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks 😛 … A Maggie a meal, keeps the hunger pangs far-far away 😀
- I climbed those trees, slept in the fields, rolled in clay and came back all muddy and clothes all astray
- I call people by their first names; publically & privately. The XXs are trying to learn to say ‘oh sunthe hoooooooo ji’ for the spouse, thai for didi, dada for Bhai, … 😛
- you the dormant Y, I leap up when I meet strangers (read elder/younger/peer men and a few older women), shake hands & talk to them in the living room [can u beat that, X frowns :!:], sit with them for meals (gobbling up hot rotis and sabzi) when the X duo insists I join in the gossip sessions, come running at their beck & call or starve until 1 am when they are done!
- My eyes hurt – looking at people in the eye while talking to them, (X1 orders me to look down admire my feet), my tongue numbs vociferously stating my case with thumps on the table (Oh! My poor fists, they are so red and X2 says good for you!!)
- I walk ungracefully, so unladylike (walk like a woman they said) … top speed without a care for the co-walker… forewarned 100 times before my bridal march not to leave the spouse behind 😀 😀
- I Scream, I guffaw at the top of my voice, my Jim Reeves baritone :P…… when happy or angry and never drop a tear when I’m sad and down…. (Y, I’m bloating up due to water & salt retention in the body… I want to cry!! help me!! Go away, Y!!)
- I’m the family goon, KD PNA they call me…I’m summoned when somebody needs a nice hearing or beating, needs a kicking or a fighting 😈 👿
- Riding pillion on a bike… how many times the X1 n X2 ordered me to sit to one side, clutching that waist tight…with gloved hands and a covered head, sun screened face n Kajal drawn eyes, and dangling earrings, neck deep in 10 chains of gold n anklets ….
- I drive at high speed whenever handling the steering wheel of cars and handles of bicycles, racing and crashing into walls & fences; bruising every part of the body, bandaged so badly that DJ once thought I would fetch a good amount of coins and notes if seated in front of a temple or church 😛 😛
I was never the daughter of the house, I was known as their child, their offspring… so I never knew for a long time that girls and boys had separate lives, separate lifestyles, separate games, separate minds…
On my third birthday DJ & MJ gifted me a puppy, she grew up to be a Black Beauty… dogs are a male thing!! I guess my parents were ignorant too 😛 😀 😀 😛
Edited to Add
Having said all that and more, I’m Crazy about them – chocolates and teddy bears, crazy about my Mushi, my stuffed polar bear :P, there are days when I wear 24 matching bangles on each hand to go with the dress I’m wearing 😀 😀 🙄 , I’ve lost count on the number of footwear and bags I possess, (need a whole new shoe rack just for my display) :P, I love to cook :), bake 🙂 and grill :), looking up new recipes and watching cookery shows is a daily routine and I’m a very hospitable host 🙂 🙂 I can remember dates and the time to the T, my colour vocab extends more than black, blue, red, yellow and green, super animated and expressive, always hugging and wanting to be hugged, loves to be pampered and be in my Pink, after all what do you think the ‘P’ in PnA stands for 😀 😀 😛 😛
And the Dormant Y and XX duo do all these automatically, there is no thought about emulating anybody here, it’s all about comfort, nature and rearing 🙂 🙂
I love my blue pants that I sleep, eat, wake and wash in them, would love to be in it for a lifetime to come 😀 😀 But I would love to know ur astray Y tales 😀 😀
Tagging 12: Piyu, Varsh, Live on Impulse, Sulagna, DI, Bikram, SG, Govind, The Coffee Cup, Nutti, Harini, Nazish and tagging all who read, so that I get to wear those blue clothes pants more often 😛 😛